Friday, October 10, 2014

New Neighborhoods, New Art--Pine Street, Cork

Any surface--back allies, garages, fences, doors--that may be bare now, is a potential canvas for undiscovered artists. As my explorations continue, my collection of graffiti photography expands. Venturing further and further from the radius of my flat into neighborhoods like Blackpool and Shandon, I've discovered that different areas of the city have different 'genres' of street art ranging from pure tagging, murals, graphic collages, and bold patterns of color. This particular piece is part of a collection spanning an entire block of Pine Street. As I Google Mapped the street (I did not know the name) it was unrecognizable. The street view from September 2011, was completely devoid of color--a stark contrast to the personality of the street as it is today.


No comments:

Post a Comment