Monday, November 17, 2014

The Construction of an Art Space--Lewis Glucksman Gallery, UCC 

It seems as though my studies, independent research and travels are all beginning to relate. For the past few months, I have been carefully analyzing the construction process of the campus art gallery--the Lewis Glucksman--through a construction management project. Using only the site plans and architectural drawings, my group members (none of whom are Irish) and I sifted through unfamiliar Irish construction law and policies, considering every relevant act necessary to carry out a construction project. We developed safety plans, a method statement, bill of quantities, schedule, budget, etc--using only those drawings. As the project comes to a close and my head ache subsides, I have a new found appreciation for the beauty of this building, and really, any other building, considering the unseen work required to deliver a finished structure. 



No comments:

Post a Comment