Saturday, September 6, 2014

A Collection of Graffiti--City Cork

My camera goes where ever I go--even when I go running around the city. Recently, I have found myself snapping shots of artful graffiti. The city is alive with colorful pieces around each unexpected corner, each with its own character. Yesterday I ran along the river to a nearby park just past campus and near the athletic fields. On the exterior wall of the field were mounted plywood boards artfully spray painted and looked as if they had been commissioned. They were aged--some were falling off the wall and the spray paint had faded, making the pieces less prominent, but I noticed. I am especially intrigued by the pieces that are overgrown by the surroundings, as if they have been long forgotten by the usual city dwellers. 




No comments:

Post a Comment